These banana oatmeal bars were a hit with my kiddos. I had some bananas getting a little too ripe, and I wanted to make something with them. I didn’t feel like making your usual banana bread or muffins. So I made these delectable bars that will definitely be a hit in your home. It took me hardly anytime at all to whip these together, which is why I plan to prepare these often! They were such a hit that my kids even insisted they bring them to school for their snack the next day.
These banana oatmeal bars are chewy, which I really enjoy. Don’t get me wrong; I love things that are crunchy, too, but these are perfect as chewy bars. I think my kids thought they were some sort of cake (lol), which is fine with me. It has inspired me to experiment with some other oat bars, and my boys can be my little taste testers.
There are so many different modifications you can make with this recipe. For instance, you can add raisins or flaxseeds. You could even add the chocolate chips into the mixture before baking. If theres an ingredient you love, maybe try adding it. You can even double up the recipe and add it to a 13×9 baking dish instead and have twice as many bars. I hope you and yours enjoy these chewy treats. Oh and remember to keep a look out for more oatmeal bar recipes in the upcoming blog posts. Until next time!
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350
- line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper
- combine wet ingredients in a bowl and mash bananas into it and mix together
- mix dry ingredients together
- pour the wet ingredients into the dry
- mix well and pour into prepared baking dish
- make the mixture level in the baking dish and bake for 40 minutes
- remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes and sprinkle with your desired amount of chocolate chips
- let cool completely and cut into squares