I had a version of this salad a couple of summers ago and fell in love. Fennel was never something I had really enjoyed, and soon after making this salad, I grew to love the anise flavor of fennel.
There is something about the crunch of the fennel and silky smooth texture of the avocados that make this recipe irresistible. Making this salad is easy and goes well with anything you cook on your grill!
Try this salad: I’m pretty positive you will love it as much as I have. If you’re not completely sure if you will like the fennel taste, start off using a little less than the recipe calls for. There is no wrong way to make a salad! Enjoy and don’t forget to share, post, comment and like!
- 1 bulb of fennel, sliced thin, about 1½ cups
- 1 avocado, diced into cube
- ¼ red onion, sliced thin, about ½ cup
- ½ lemon, juice of
- ½ cup diced cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- combine all in ingredients into a medium size bowl
- taste and add more salt and pepper to taste