An easy BLT pasta salad recipe, with avocado which takes it to a whole new level. It’s perfect for a potluck, picnic, or BBQ.
During the summer, I am finding myself making a different pasta salad or another potluck/bbq dish just about every week or so. I know it might not be summer yet, but it’s just around the corner, so I wanted to share it with you guys now so you have this awesome BLT pasta salad on hand when the busy summer parties begin.
All of the wonderful flavors of a BLT come together in this salad. It is ready in 30 minutes, and who doesn’t like bacon? I might actually love the avocado more in this dish than I do the bacon, but that’s just me. It’s even great to make the night or day before; as with any cold pasta dish, the longer that it sits, the more the flavors develop.
This avocado BLT pasta salad is the perfect addition to any bbq or potluck. I made this pasta salad with bbq chicken sandwiches and this broccoli salad.
I ended up using noodles that I had in the cabinet. Aren’t these cute? They are the Barilla Campanelle noodles. I also used the Just Mayo by Hampton Creek. I am in love with this stuff; I found it at Target: it’s gluten free, egg free, soy, dairy free, lactose-free and so much more. It tastes just like regular mayonnaise to me, but it is way healthier for you. If you see it at the store, I would give it a try.
Avocado BLT Pasta Salad
Author: Two Sisters Kitchens
- 16 oz, Campanelle or pasta of choice
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 Avocado's, diced
- ¾ cup mayo
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl mix together, the mayo, greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Add in the bacon, tomatoes, avocados, and noodles combine until everything is well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you make this or any of our recipes, we would love to see them! Snap a photo and hashtag it#TwoSistersKitchens or tag us @twosisterskitchens on Instagram!