Asian lettuce wraps were inspired by an appetizer that I get from P.F Changs. This recipe tastes just like them and are super easy to make.
This recipe is amazing, and a nice perk is that you can have it done in 20 minutes or less. It is so nice to be driving home from work and know that I have such a quick meal to make. You can serve the lettuce wraps with any kind of lettuce that you like. I have used romaine, bibb, and butter lettuce. The asian lettuce wraps are pictured here with butter lettuce. You can use ground chicken or ground beef in this recipe. Serve it with shredded carrots, chopped peanuts, sriracha, or more soy sauce.
Another great thing about these asian lettuce wraps is that you won’t feel too bad if you overindulge on their deliciousness. I love it when I eat a dinner where I am able to eat as much as I want without feeling guilty about it. I always leave dinner feeling satisfied and not too full from these. It’s great how healthy they are for you. I have also made them as more of a side and served them with this noodle recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken/ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-2 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head/container butter lettuce
- Optional toppings:
- shredded carrots
- roughly chopped peanuts
- toasted sesame seeds
- chopped green onion
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add ground chicken or beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the meat as it cooks. Drain any fat if needed.
- Add in the garlic, onion, stir, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf. Add additional toppings if desired