Almond flour brownies are a sweet treat that are easy to make. They are free of both gluten and grains.
These are my favorite almond flour brownie recipe. I originally found it on the King Arthur website. I have changed a few things to adapt to what I like in a brownie. I added more vanilla extract and added a little almond milk.
The nice thing about these brownies is you only need one bowl! I love that as it makes way fewer dishes in the end.
The texture of these brownies is more of a fudgy/cake consistency. I do love a good fudgy brownie, but these are the perfect cake consistency for me.
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1¾ cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup cocoa powder, Dutch-process or natural
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8" square pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the melted butter, and sugar. Then stir in the salt, vanilla, and eggs.
- Stir in the cocoa, almond flour and baking powder.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it to the edges.
- Bake the brownies for 33 to 35 minutes, until the top is set; and a toothpick comes out mostly clean. A few pieces of the batter is okay, you just don't want it wet anymore.
- Let cool completely before cutting. (if you cant wait or want to eat them warm at least let them cool for 10 minutes).